23 May 2014

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication date: April 15, 2014

TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han is a story that explores the life of a high school junior named Lara Jean. Throughout her life, she has written her heart out on letters to boys that she has loved and she keeps them in a box in her room. When the letters are sent, Lara Jean has to clean up the mess she made and deal with the shrapnel. In a love-triangle setting, Jenny Han's new book is a adventure that will make the reader laugh, cry, and die with embarrassment at the hands of the main character.

The story was well written with a great ending, although Lara Jean often made decisions that made me want to jump into the story and scream at her for making such dumb choices. I don't think really that the romantic side of the story was that realistic, but it was definitely a story I would read again. I have read many other of Jenny Han's books and they are great novels that I think people should definitely read if they enjoyed this. I would recommend this book for teenagers ages 14 and up. This story was well wrapped up and I don't think that a sequel would be necessary although, if one came out, I would be sure to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment