11 June 2014

Review: (Don't You) Forget About Me

(Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication date: June 10, 2014

Skylar lives in Gardnerville, a utopian city where deaths are rare, except during a fourth year, where teens discover their powers and all hell breaks loose. Skylar is trying to find her mysterious sister, Piper, who disappeared during the chaos of a fourth year disaster. This book was amazing and very creative. It was nothing like I have ever read before. The magical city that seemed like a utopia that has disasters showed me that nothing can ever be perfect. I also think that the characters were well developed. The only thing that bothered me was that at the beginning of the story, Skylar took pills that made her forget everything, pills that to me seemed like drugs. There were also a couple confusing scenes, but other than this, I highly recommend this book. Although unrealistic in many ways, (DON'T YOU) FORGET ABOUT ME by Kate Karyus Quinn was a book with a creative story and great writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment