11 April 2017

Review: Beck

Beck
by Mal Peet and Meg Rosoff

Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publication Date: April 11, 2017

BECK, by Meg Rosoff and Mal Peet, is a story that follows the life of a boy named Beck, an orphan who is shipped from England to Canada and escapes to America, where he struggles to make a life for himself. The story takes place in the early 1900s which is intriguing to me because I am a bit of a history buff. I liked the character development and the side characters. I also enjoyed the book's realistic nature and how it is unique, as it deals with an interesting journey; I have not really read anything similar to this. I would recommend this book to older audiences, as in high schoolers, because there are some intense scenes that are not really appropriate for younger kids. However, I really enjoyed the book and definitely think it is worth reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment