24 October 2014

Review: The Kiss of Deception

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Publication date: July 8, 2014
Publisher: Henry Holt

Mary E. Pearson's THE KISS OF DECEPTION is a story about a runaway princess who has to find her way in an unforgiving world without the advantages, or shields, that come with her upbringing in royalty. She finds herself at odds with the danger and uncertainty of her surroundings. As the novel progresses, Princess Lia grows from a dependent princess, to an independent young woman capable of making decisions for the better, not only for herself, but those around her as well. She learns about sacrifice, loyalty, and deception as she struggles with pursuit from killers, and hunters, and everlasting secrets. I loved the characters in this book and the complex relationships described. I felt like I struggled through my love and dislike of all of them along with Lia. I also really liked the details and imagery of the story making me feel like I was in the adventure, in a whole different society than our own.



No comments:

Post a Comment