16 January 2018

Review: Truly Devious

Truly Devious
by Maureen Johnson

Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: January 16, 2018

TRULY DEVIOUS is about murder and a girl. Not murder of a girl, or at least not the main character. Stevie Bell, a “true-crime aficionado" has never stood over a dead body in her life. But she has wanted to for a long time. She gets her chance a few months into her first semester at Ellingham Academy, a famous private school. ...Famous for exceptionally bright, genius-like students, and an unsolved accident involving a kidnapping and quite a few blunt objects. Stevie Bell wants to figure out exactly what happened. 

I liked TRULY DEVIOUS, because I like hidden things and big twists and awesome women. Pix and Stevie and Vi all remind me of different aspects of myself. I think I’d want to go to Ellingham despite the murder, because I liked the way things are run. The faculty all seem very nice and understanding, but completely miss out on figuring out the murder, and it seemed kind of funny that it took a high school student to figure it out. I enjoyed the flashbacks to the past. I actually liked the current characters less than the precurrent characters; the precurrent characters seemed more alive to me.         

  


No comments:

Post a Comment