30 December 2016

Review: The Romantics

The Romantics
by Leah Konen

Publisher: Amulet Books
Publication Date: November 1, 2016



THE ROMANTICS by Leah Konen is a romantic comedy about high-school romance with a unique twist: Love itself is the narrator. Love tells the story of Gael Brennen, a high-school senior, as he struggles with heartbreak and relationships while his family is crumbling around him. Although I thought this book was cliche and very cheesy, I found myself not being able to put it down because of the striking characters and interesting plot twists. It was very clever to have the story be told from the perspective of Love as I have never heard of a book written that way. I enjoyed the references to famous movies and books throughout it and thought it was a very witty story overall.



No comments:

Post a Comment