26 November 2016

Review: Spare and Found Parts

Spare and Found Parts
by Sarah Maria Griffin

Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: October 4, 2016


Spare and Found Parts is about a girl named Nell Crane with a ticking heart who lives in a city devastated by an epidemic, and who decides to create a robot companion. The author's writing style is one that might be a little confusing at first, but then adds to the total effect of the book. I enjoyed the plot and how people are afraid of computers ever since some mysterious epidemic devastated the people on this island. I wish that the author would elaborate a bit more on what exactly happened, because I feel like it would add a lot to the total story. I also liked how she introduced different cool aspects, like secret societies, throughout the book, but I feel as if she sometimes used them as plot devices and could have used them more to improve the total story. If there were a second book, I probably would read it to see where the characters go and hopefully find out more about this novel's mysterious past. I think people who are fans of futuristic post-disaster books will enjoy this book because there are lots of cautionary notes about the dangers of technology.  


No comments:

Post a Comment