14 February 2020

Review: Three Things I Know Are True

Three Things I Know Are True
by Betty Culley

Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: January 7th, 2020

In Three Things I Know Are True by Betty Culley, everything changes after Liv’s brother, Jonah, accidentally shoots himself with his friend Clay’s father’s gun. Now he requires 24/7 care to stay alive. When their mother decides to sue Clay’s family, Liv becomes torn between her love for her brother and her friendship with Clay. Written in verse, Three Things I Know Are True is a poetic gem. It grippingly displays the aftermath and misery of a gun accident. Liv’s character is beautifully developed throughout the novel, encouraging the reader to root for her through every step. Three Things I Know Are True is truly unique and highly recommended.

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment