02 October 2017

Review: Blood and Ink

Blood and Ink
by Stephen Davies

Publisher: Charlesbridge Teen
Publication Date: September 19, 2017

BLOOD AND INK by Stephen Davies is about a boy and girl named Ali and Kadi. Ali is a member of Al Qaeda and Kadi is a Muslim who lives in Timbuktu. When Ali helps occupy Timbuktu and discovers secret manuscripts, Kadi fights to keep them safe. The only thing is Kadi and Ali are in love with each other. I enjoyed reading this book. It was written from two points of view, Ali and Kadi's. I like that style of writing. The book was very fast paced and exciting. The only thing I didn't enjoy was that the book was about a very heavy topic, but it was written with a very light style of writing, which I think took away from the seriousness of the topic. Other than that there were many plot twists and you couldn't really guess the ending, which is a good thing. Overall, I really liked this book. I recommend this book to fans of fiction drawn from recent history.



No comments:

Post a Comment