02 February 2015

Review: I'll Meet You There

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
Publication date: February 3, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.

I couldn’t put this book down. Heather Demetrios’ vivid descriptions brought the characters and setting to life, and by the end of the story I felt as if I’d grown up alongside Skylar and knew the trailer park town of Creek View inside out. Told over the course of the summer before college, the story follows Skylar as she prepares to move away from all she has known, while trying not to leave behind the relationships and people she loves. Not only is her summer filled with goodbyes, but also with beginnings, such as her unlikely friendship with Josh, the boy she is only just getting to know after many years, who starts working alongside her at the Paradise Motel. Skylar is an extremely relatable character who struggles with trying to stay connected to her family and childhood friends, yet at the same time, desperately wants the independence of beginning her own life. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to enjoy a truly hopeful and uplifting story!

1 comment: