23 January 2015

Review: A Thousand Pieces of You

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
Publication date: November 4, 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen

A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU by Claudia Gray is a science fiction romance novel about parallel universes, betrayal, love, and deception. Marguerite's parents are genius scientists, who along with their students Paul and Theo, invented an alternate dimension jumper known as a Firebird. Marguerite's father is murdered and the Firebird and Paul disappear, so it is up to Marguerite and Theo to cross the parallel universes to find Paul, and avenge her father's death. In each new dimension, they must live out the life of their counterparts while trying to hunt Paul down. However, not all is what it seems and Marguerite must find out who to place her trust in or risk getting killed.

When I first started this book, I thought that it was going to be a cliché story. However, after a few chapters, I easily saw how utterly wrong I was. The severe and sudden plot twists completely shocked me and I physically could not bring myself to put the book down. I would have appreciated a bit more foreshadowing throughout, but I still read the entire book in one sitting. The sci-fi tone of the story intertwined perfectly with the historical and futuristic aspects in a smooth and appealing way. I would recommend this book for ages 14 and up for mentions of drugs, alcohol, sex, and violence.





No comments:

Post a Comment