03 November 2014

Review: Snow Like Ashes

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Publication date: October 14, 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Sixteen years ago, The Kingdom of Winter was conquered, leaving its citizens as slaves to The Spring Kingdom. Now the Winterians’ only hope is the eight surviving refugees. Among them is Meira, an orphan-soldier, and her best friend and future king, Mather. Meira takes it upon herself to try and help her kingdom, but when a mission doesn't go as planned, Meira comes to realize that her destiny is not, and never has been, her own.

Sara Raasch kills it with her debut novel SNOW LIKE ASHES. It was by far the best fantasy book I read in long time. Raasch reminded me once again why I love reading so much. She captured me within the page of the book and not once did I feel bored. I had a lot of trouble putting this book down, and when I did, I found myself struggling to not reach for it within the next second. SNOW LIKE ASHES is a fresh, new book in the YA fantasy world full of original characters and ideas. I would recommend this book to any fantasy junkie looking for something new and different. Ages 13 and up.


No comments:

Post a Comment