13 October 2014

Review: Stitching Snow

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Publication date: October 14, 2014
Publisher: Hyperion

Stitching Snow tells the story of Essie, a girl living on the freezing cold planet of Thanda. Her days are filled with coding and repairing her seven pet drones who run the local mines. One day, a young man named Dane crashes near Essie's home, and she agrees to help repair his ship. Essie soon learns that Dane is on a very specific mission, and soon she is pulled into a war she has worked her whole life to avoid.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the plot line was very interesting, and that the many connections to Snow White were fun to try and figure out. I also loved how all of the robots had different personalities that impacted the story in some way. Additionally, I thought that the characters were well developed and that they each had a specific identity, and that the futuristic society that the author created was very complex and fascinating. Although this book was amazing, there is one thing that I believe can be improved upon. I thought that the beginning and the introduction were confusing and left me with quite a few questions; all of which were answered in the middle of the book of course, but I feel that the introduction could have been a bit more clear. I thought that the author did an amazing job captivating me with this book, and the writing had me not wanting to stop reading. I recommend this book for ages 13 and up, and if you remember the story of Snow White, you will have a great time discovering the futuristic twists that R.C. Lewis has incorporated.


No comments:

Post a Comment